Saturday, 27 October 2012

Halloween Reads


I thought I'd write a blog post showing some good books to read for Halloween.  To be honest I don't read that many scary books and the few that I do read are not really scary scary but I do think these books will put you in the Halloween mood.
 
 
The Hollow trilogy by Jessica Verday. 
 I really like this series and I think it has a very eerie and spooky feel to it. 
 
 

 The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa. 
I really loved this book and think it would be a perfect Halloween read.  It's a very heart pounding book.  If you've already read this book and are looking for something similar I'd suggest reading The Passage by Justin Cronin, which is next on the list.
 
 
 
The Passage by Justin Cronin. 
This is an adult book.  If you liked this you'd also like The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa.  Both The Passage and the Immortal Rules are similar but are still unique and original.  Both feature virus outbreaks that change the world and both are frightening reads but definitely worth it.
 
 
 
Hollow Pike by James Dawson. 
This book isn't very scary but it does have a spooky eerie feel when reading it.
 
 
Also anything by LJ Smith mainly The Night World series.
 
So that's my Halloween read suggestions, from ghosts to vampires to witches and everything in between.    

No comments:

Post a Comment