Saturday, 29 December 2012

My Favourite Books of 2012


There were many books I loved in 2012,  here is a list of some of my favourite books of 2012:

1) Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi -
 I loved this book so much from the characters to the setting to the plot. I loved everything about it.

2) Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers -
I wasn't expecting to like this as much as I did. I don't read much historical fiction and this was a nice change.

3) The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead -
 I love the characters in this series so much, they're just so full of life. Richelle Mead is one of my favourite authors so of course The Golden Lily is in this list.

4) Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas -
I read the novellas of this series before I read Throne of Glass and I was surprised at how good they were because usually novellas of most series' just feel like fillers until the full-length book is out but with the Throne of Glass novellas it felt as if each was a full-length novel. I knew then that Throne of Glass would be just as good and I'm glad to say I was not disappointed.

5) For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund -
 I loved this book much more than I was expecting to love it. I loved the sci-fi elements but I loved the epic love story between the main characters the most.

6) UnWholly by Neal Shusterman -
I absolutely loved the first book in this series because the storyline was just so unique and original. I thought this book wouldn't live up to the first but it definitely did.

7) The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa -
 I really liked the journey the main character went on in this book.

8) Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver -
I thought this was a great sequel to Delirium and I really love Lauren Oliver's writing style.

9) Bitten by Kelley Armstrong -
I loved this book. It's the first in a 13 book series, which I read all this year and this is one of my favourites of this series.

10) City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare -
The Mortal Instruments is one of my all-time favourite series so of course City of Lost Souls was one of my top favourite books I read this year.

11) The Shadow Reader by Sandy Williams -
This book stands out to me because I think it has the perfect blend of romance and action, which is sometimes hard to find in books.

12) Starters by Lissa Price -
 I really liked the plot of this book and I liked the twist near the end of the book.



Honourable mentions:

Fever series by Karen Marie Moning

Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J.R Ward

Insurgent by Veronica Roth

Fever by Lauren DeStefano

The Goddess Test series by Aimée Carter

No comments:

Post a Comment